venerdì 16 novembre 2012

Reading in a new way




What is Phylotaxis?
The term Phyllotaxis refers to the patterns on plants formed by the arrangement of repeated biological units. In nearly all cases, the Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Ratio occur in these arrangements. Phyllotactic spirals form a distinctive class of patterns in nature.                                                                                       This image of a plant is an example of Phylotaxis in nature
   

Phylotaxis  is  also a new site, we read in the description that it is  an exploration of the space where science meets culture. If you want a completely new way to choose and read articles visit the site, you will find lots of "Seeds"representing the perfect synthesis of science and culture, agitate them and then pick a seed and ......Have a good read! 

                                   
                                    Phylotaxis


Match the jokes with the titles


A
Husband sent a text to his wife at night,
"Hi I will get late, please try and wash all my dirty clothes and make sure you prepare my favourite dish before I return."  but there iz no reply.....
He sent another text, "And I forgot to tell you that I getting an increment in my salary at the end of the month and I'm getting you a new car"this time  
She texts back,  "OMG really?"
Husband replied, : "No I just wanted to make sure you got my first message"

B
 During the Community Society meeting, the Chairman asked people how their business was.
The Community consisted of people in different professions.
Tailor replied: Just Sew – Sew
Farmer: Mine is growing
Author: All write
Astronomer: it is looking up
Trash collector: It’s picking up.
Electrician: It’s pretty light.
Elevator operator: Mine has its ups and downs.


C
After quarrelling with his wife, the man grabbed her by the arm and dragged her down to his local pub.
He bought a pint of bitter and thrust in into her hands.
‘Here, drink that,’ he said. His wife took one gulp and made her face in disgust, and said, “How can you drink such foul – tasting stuff?”
Her husband beamed with satisfaction, “Right then”,
he said, “I will have no more accusations from you that I come down here to enjoy myself.”


D
A woman went shopping, At cash counter she opened her purse to pay. The cashier noticed a TV remote in her purse.
He couldn't control his curiosity and  asked "Do you always carry your TV remote with you?" She replied " No, not always, but my husband refused to accompany me for shopping today.. SO..

A traveller walking along a road asked an old man working in a field as to how long it would take to get to the next village. The old man did not answer, so the stranger went on his way. He had not gone far when he heard a call : “Hi, mister, come back. ”The traveller returned and the old man said, “It’ll take you about 20 minutes”. “Why didn't you tell me that when I asked you?” asked the traveller. “How did I know how fast you were going to walk?” replied the old man.

F
Two men waiting at the Pearly Gates strike up a conversation. "How'd you die?" the first man asks the second. "I froze to death," says the second."That's awful," says the first man. "How does it feel to freeze to death?" "It's very uncomfortable at first", says the second man. "You get the shakes, and you get pains in all your fingers and toes. But eventually, it's a very calm way to go. You get numb and you kind of drift off, as if you're sleeping. How about you, how did you die?"
"I had a heart attack," says the first man. "You see, I knew my wife was cheating on me, so one day I showed up at home unexpectedly. I ran up to the bedroom, and found her alone, knitting. I ran down to the basement, but no one was hiding there, either. I ran up to the second floor, but no one was hiding there either. I ran as fast as I could to the attic, and just as I got there, I had a massive heart attack and died." The second man shakes his head. "That's so ironic," he says. "What do you mean?" asks the first man."If you had only stopped to look in the freezer, we'd both still be alive."
 G
A man in his 40's bought a new BMW and was out on the Pacific Highway for a nice evening drive. The top down, breeze blowing through what was left of his hair, and he decided to open her up. As the needle went over 140 km/h, he suddenly saw flashing red and blue lights behind him.

"There's no way they can catch my BMW," he thought to himself and opened her up further. The needle hit 160, 180.... then the reality of the situation hit him.

"What am I doing?" he thought and pulled over.

The cop came up to him, took his license without a word, and examined it and the car.

"It's been a long day, this is the end of my shift, and it's Friday. I don't feel like more paperwork, so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before, you can go."

The guy thinks for a second and says, "Last week my wife ran off with a cop. I was afraid you were trying to give her back."

"Have a nice weekend," said the officer.

 H
A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before.

"You'll get your chance in court." said the Desk Sergeant.

"No, no no !" said the man. "I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I've been trying to do that for years!"



  1. Saying no can be dangerous
  2. Traveller comedy
  3. Typical wives
  4. A good excuse
  5. Funny meeting
  6. Just a piece of advice
  7. Heaven meeting
  8. No more accusation, please

http://www.laughitout.com/


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento